Monday, February 15, 2010

Twelve More Wrappers!

A whole bunch of the 'lost' gum wrappers I had on my laptop, including several of my favorites:

"The Tree"
Probably my favorite colored-pencil design,
and the one I spent the most time coloring.

"Mislabel Original"
An exact copy of a fox design I had in
my little notebook. This is my favorite
of my designs to sketch.

"Mislabel - clean"
What the name says.

"Mislabel - 1"
This is the first of the truly mislabels -
I still really like the idea.

"Mislabel - 2"
I prefer both the lettering and the fox
in this one over the "Mislabel - 1"

"Lighthouse"
The first design I colored in. Also, a very rough
and early example of the wave-pattern I use for
other, non-gum wrapper seascapes.

"Telephone"
My family has a rotary phone like this set up
in our sitting room, that I use whenever I'm there.

"Piggy"
So, it turns out that the cinnamon Orbit gum
stains the wrapper pink, letting you only draw
pink things on it. Hence, a pig.

"Hands Recursion"
Based on a sketch I did in physics several years ago.
It looked a bit cooler when I was actually drawing it,
what with the 3rd hand and all.

"Lava Lamp"
I like the shading on the wax. No other comments.

"Jimmy the St. Pat's Eggplant"
I wanted to draw an eggplant, and I wanted
to try and draw a vest. Together, they're better.

"Gamboy Original"
I think this was the 3rd sketch I did on
gum wrappers. I also still have my Gamboy,
in working condition!

No comments:

Post a Comment