Tuesday, October 7, 2008

MUSIC REVIEW - Jesus H. Christ and the Four Hornsmen of the Apacolypse


JESUS H. CHRIST AND THE FOUR HORNSMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE - Happier Than You
This is the best band name of all time. They are pop, through and through, and their songs are hilarious. The songs are like sing-along for adults, with a full horn accompaniment. Rather than a full review, you get the best lines from each track:
#1 - “She wouldn’t get involved, she was afraid of getting hurt / But cocktails were expensive, so she knew she had to flirt.”
#2 - “When I’m feeling insecure I’ll call / You can stroke my ego, but that’s all.”
#3 - “Jill used to be normal, now she’s a freak.”
#4 - Nothing really funny on this song ....
#5 - “Just like a stripper needs a pole, you’ve gotta have a goal.”
#6 - “”Staying out of the burning sun, we’re at our desks and we’re having fun, it’s a special kind of masturbation!” - about google searching yourself.
#7 - “Are you home? ‘Cuz I can see you, your lights on. Callmeokaybye!”
#8 - No words, but good, modern surf track.
#9 - “I miss your hair, but if I never see your face again I wouldn’t care”
#10 - “I hope you’re happy, just not happier than me.”
#11 - The title of the track sums it up; “Alcoholics In My Town”. WIN.
#12 - Singer 1: “Do you hate me for asking if you hate me? ” Everyone else sings: “You’re pa-THE-tic!”
#13 - “Carnal knowledge has made the girl a sage.”
Will I play it on my show? Hell, I’m thinking of doing an Artist Feature. RIYL - Stephen Lynch.

Buy the CD or mp3's at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment