Friday, May 7, 2010

Final KMNR Show Playlist

Four years ago I applied to be a DJ at 89.7FM KMNR-Rolla. I'm currently in the middle of my last show as an active DJ on the station, and I can't really tell how I feel about it. Sad, certainly, but also proud of the person I've become in that time. I started out with a very limited music library, and was a HUGE music snob. Since that time I've vastly expanded my own tastes, and have come to learn that it really doesn't matter what you listen to, so long as you enjoy it and it moves you in some way.

KMNR has afforded me so many opportunities to explore my love of music, it's hard seeing how I'll go on without it being a constant presence. I've been able to go to dozens of free concerts, meet many of my favorite bands (We Landed on the Moon [who we were fortunate enough to host was well], The White Rabbits, OK Go, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Dressy Bessy, Port O'Brien, and many others), and I've even become friends with a few of them.

I hope to be able to continue being involved in the radio, and will strive to always expand my musical tastes. If there's anything I've learned from KMNR, it's how to appreciate the people and diversity that a love of music will bring you into contact with. I've met my best friend through KMNR, and have known so many people I can't imagine having lived without knowing. Some have gone and are missed dearly, the rest I hope to be able to have as friends for a long, long time.

For my last show I've decided to go through as many songs as possible that I have played on KMNR, from when I started as a DJ to now. Thank you to all the listeners I've had, to my trainer Steve, to all the DJ's I've known and loved, and to Kevin Loebach, for showing me the proper level of excitement and desire to attack radio, music, and life.


Final Show, 5/7/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment