Monday, January 19, 2009

MUSIC REVIEW - The Soul of Black John


The Soul of John Black Black John

The artist is ‘The Soul of John Black’, and the album is Black John. I got that backwards at first, but google quickly righted that error. This is pretty good stuff – it’s really skilled quick-blues guitar and gospel-style vocal harmonizing mixed in with groove-based bass mixed in (both electronic and organic). Somebody at the radio station is going to LURVE it. As for me, I’m enjoying it, but I’m not enamored yet. That being said, I would definitely like to see these guys (guy? Not sure if plural is appropriate) at a blues or jazz festival. Seems like great live music. Check out track 1.

Will I play it on my show? If I get on a blues / funk bend sometime. RIYL – Blues and funk of any sort.

http://www.thesoulofjohnblack.com/
www.myspace.com/thesoulofjohnblack

No comments:

Post a Comment