Wednesday, October 22, 2008

MUSIC REVIEW - The Knux

THE KNUX - Remind Me in 3 Days
When it comes to the hippity-hop I much prefer a good beatsmith to a good rapper. Fortunately, The Knux features two great beatsmiths - the first 5 or 6 tracks in particular are excellent. They weave some very cool guitar riffs into their intricate basssssss work. It's also nice to find a group that doesn't mind completely changing the sound of a record with each song. Each track operates in it's own little world, not beholden to any one theme or tone. This isn't to say the album comes off schizophrenic - it is a cohesive unit, but no one song could ever be confused for another. I do so hate it when bands make cookie-cutter songs. Will I play it on my show? Yes. RIYL - Outkast, X-ecutoners.


EDIT - I ended up purchasing this album the day it came out, 'cuz it's THAT GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment